We are presently not yet ready to give up social distancing enough to have a group of children indoors seven hours a day, for a five-day week of Summer Camp.
However, we want to at least have one full day of fun for the kids. We have rented the Lion’s Club Pavilion at Hardin Park and plan to focus as much on games and activities as we do on martial arts. But there will definitely be those also.
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
$25 preregistration, $30 after Jul 12.
If you need to leave your child for extra time before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m., arrangements can be worked out on an individual basis.
|9:00||Structured Time for Playground, Art, Games and Puzzles|
|10:00||Martial Arts Class|
|noon||Lunch / Structured Free Time|
|1:00||Crafts – Kite building, Throwing Stars|
|2:00||Martial Arts Class|
Games will be chosen from the following list.
- Throwing Stars
- Padded Weapon Sparring
- Relay Races
- Black Belt Says
- Flag Sparring
- Water Balloon Wars
Structured Free Time Activities
- Playground with supervision
- Free draw or color
- Board games
- Play Doh .
- CLOTHING. Campers should wear comfortable clothing to allow them to move freely for the whole day. DO NOT WEAR UNIFORMS, they could get grass stained. If desired, camper may wear their belts to denote their rank.
- SHOES. Campers should wear sneakers or the equivalent. That is, shoes campers will not slip out of while running and playing.
- BRING A BATHING SUIT or a change of clothes, (and perhaps a towel) for the water balloon fight. It will be the last event of the day.
- SUNSCREEN will be available, but if your child needs a specific brand, please send some with them.
- LUNCH. Pizza ($5) or bring your own. Choose 3 slices and pay up front if the Camper wants to purchase Pizza. Otherwise, bring a sack lunch. A cooler will be available.
- OVERTIME. If a camper needs to arrive before 8:45 a.m. or stay past 4:15 p.m. there will be an additional charge of $5/hour per child. Reservations must be made beforehand for this service.
- OBSERVING. Parents are welcome to come by and observe at any time during the day. If parents want to participate in lunch, they can sign up and pay also, or bring a lunch.
- COVID DISCLAIMER: By turning in a camp registration form, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending ETTSD Summer Camp, campers and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold East TN Tang Soo Do, Hardin Park, or any of their employees or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.