East TN Tang Soo Do’s Martial Arts and Crafts Camp offers one week of classes and activities in June and one in July. Camp runs M-F from 9 a.m- 4 p.m. The last hour on Friday will be a presentation by the students.
Students receive an intense study of martial arts for three hours of the day, plus an hour of demo practice. The rest of the time will be filled with games, arts and crafts and structured play time.
June 17-21, 2019
July 15-19, 2019
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
$25 a day, $100 for one week.
ETTSD Member, a 2nd child in one family and children of active duty soldiers:
$20 per day, $80 for one week.
T-SHIRT (not required)
If you need to leave your child for extra time before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m., arrangements can be worked out on an individual basis.
|9:00||Structured Time for Art, Games and Puzzles|
|10:00||Martial Arts Basics|
|10:45||Break and Snack / Mat Chat|
|11:15||Hyung (Martial Arts Forms)|
|noon||Lunch / Structured Free Time|
|1:00||Martial Arts Weaponry|
|1:45||Break and Snack|
Special Classes will be chosen from the following list. (We will have some of the same, some different crafts for each session):
- Paper Mache Masks (2 days – making and painting)
- Finger Paints
- Ninja Balls
- Create Your Own Jigsaw Puzzle
- Torn and Cut Paper Collage
- Fortune Teller
- Ninja Fighters
- Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Foam Crafts
- Magnet Painting (Another version.)
- Memory Books
- Group Poem
Structured Time Activities
Each morning a different activity will be set out for campers to participate in.
- Free draw or color
- Board games
- Jigsaw Puzzles.
- Individual crafts (Things we have one or two of, but not enough for everyone. It will be first come/first serve.
After lunch, campers may participate in the above activities as well as the following:
- Wii (sign up required)
- Reading Corner (bring a book or choose from our library)
- Paper mache updates (adding a layer
- Camp participants should wear comfortable clothing to allow your child to move freely for the whole day.
- If you do not participate in our daily “buy your lunch” program, camp participants should bring their own sack lunches. A light snack will be provided mid-morning, but lunch should be brought from home or paid for in advance using our Summer Camp Lunch Menu (TBD).
- A performance will be given on Friday afternoon. There will be a martial arts demonstration and an art show.
- If your camp participant needs to arrive before 9 a.m. or stay past 4 p.m. there will be an additional charge per child, price negotiable.